An application form is the representation of a commercial insurance prospect within the Bold Penguin ecosystem. An application form is made up of one or more question sets and their answers. They provide carriers with the data they need to evaluate risk and provide a quote back to the brokerage.
Each application form has a public reference ID for consumers that will remain constant through the life of the application and an internal, globally unique identifier that will change as the application moves through the application flow.
Application forms flow through either the public facing Consumer Portal directly driven by the end consumer, or the private facing Partner Portal driven by the agent on the consumer's behalf.
In this flow, an authenticated agent initiates an application form and interacts with it directly within the Partner Portal.
- An authenticated agent requests a quote start from an internal system (CRM, AMS, etc.)
- The internal system retrieves a token from the Authenticate API
- The internal system calls the Create Application Form API
- The Create Application Form API returns an application form ID
- The internal system uses the application form ID to construct a URL in the Partner Portal
- The agent is redirected to the application form in the Partner Portal
For future access, the internal system uses the Retrieve Application Form (Partner Flow) API to retrieve a redirect URL to the most recent version of this application form in the Partner Portal.
Since the end consumer is not authenticated, this flow requires single-use URLs to provide additional security for interacting with the application form.
- A consumer accesses the storefront in the Consumer Portal
- The Consumer Portal retrieves a token from the Authenticate API
- The Consumer Portal calls the Create Application Form API with a request to create a guest user
- The Create Application Form API returns a single-use URL for the consumer to access the application form
- The Consumer Portal redirects the consumer to the application form URL provided
Future access to this form requires known information from the consumer (reference ID, last name, zip code) to retrieve another single-use redirect URL for a Consumer Portal using the Retrieve Application Form (Consumer Flow) API.